Thursday 7 July 2022

 


Hi

After a night of ups and downs the wind became quite blustery around 2.30 am we are moored on floating pontoons they rise and fall on stanchions with the tide the one nearest our boat was squeeking like a gang of Banshees so I had to rise from my slumber get a tin of grease a long stick and grease the stanchion, the water in the dock is a lot deeper than the canal so the flat bottom Narrow boat tends to roll more even though it was now quiet it was still rough

Liverpool is one of the most vibrant interesting cities in the North. That may sound strange coming from a true Mancunian however I tell things as they are when Noreen and I stay in a City, Town, village we normally walk everywhere read all the cenotaphs as you get a lot of information from them. BUT today we took to the bus (we have oap passes ) as we were crossing the water to New Brighton which is a Historically fascinating place, especially areas like magazine place and Magazine Road I could write a journal on riding Ariva buses.

Though today's we had a nice safe ride. I remember in the late 50s my dad taking me on the ferry to New Brighton to go sea fishing we were on holiday in Talacre North Wales so we must have come by train in them days that must have been a big day out

Now New Brighton is a little run down but it still retains is sea side outlook luckily the tide was out and the beaches looked pristine with not a sole in sight absolutely beautiful The 2mile walk along the promenade from New Brighton to Seacombe (where we were to get a bus back to Liverpool) is a stress emptying walk as I said pristine beaches and wonderful interesting buildings all with a great history. On reaching Seacombe we discover that there is no bus to Liverpool only to Birkenhead

where we can get a bust to Liverpool unfortunately this bus was Ariva I think all Ariva drivers are trained on a race track and have lead in their boots especially the breaking foot we sat at the back and 20 mins of hard driving makes me quite aggressive Noreen had to remind of the penalty for GBH so I walk off the bus quietly. The bus ride back to Liverpool was quiet but just as fast we sat at the front on the top which I found accentuates speed you would not believe I use to race motor bikes. However other than crazy, blind, lead footed bus drivers we had another interesting day out

Tomorrow who knows Stay Safe

God Bless

Beautiful clean beaches 

Encountering the tunnel top of the bus 


No comments: