Friday 1 July 2022

 Good Afternoon 

Strange day today and one of the hardest as we had to go through Magul which entails 8 swing bridges Now Noreen refuses to take the boat through a swing bridge or into a lock everything else she can and will do very well, So this means Noreen opens the swing bridges and locks I must state here so all the feminists don't come hunting for blood.  it is Noreens choice..The day  started well with a late start 08.55 a very leisurely  cruise ahead clear blue sky and a light breeze. The first lock was over and done with in less that 6 min second swing bridge in sight Noreen had started the bridge operation I saw two cars jump the flashing lights and the siren but the third didn't make as the barriers came down in front  and behind Now here comes the dilemma are you a Noreen type Christian or a Alan type who believes the for every action there is a reaction , luckily for this driver she got the Noreen type who stopped the operation reversed it and re-opened the bridge  and let her and her off and not a thankyou to be seen. Now the Alan type would have carried on with the operation and had the car hanging over the water whilst I took the Buggerlugs through only inches from the car Bonnet. that driver will NOW go away knowing that she can try that again The Alan way would have her drive miles to avoid canal swing bridges "For every action there is a reaction "   But the amazing thing is when Noreen re-opened the bridge two other cars did the same by jumping the lights. all I can say is Magul is a satellite of Liverpool  and maybe I'm a not a good Christian ?? just a practical one 

The rest of the journey was quite uneventful I found a old friend from years ago we were sailing in opposite directions so only really had time to swap emails and promise to contact. 

We were moored up by 12.15 after doing the usual checks around the boat I thought I could smell diesel,  After searching I eventually found a possible leak ob the filter anyway I think I have stopped it we will know tomorrow when we stop again 

We are now moored in a nice little spot very quiet we have tv and  internet  I say that because we do not always get both. We are opposite a stud as we are only a couple of miles away from Aintree there are some beautiful horses in the paddocks with a wonderful aroma it is what I describe as a powerful country fragrance thankfully its quite breezy and the aroma is only spasmodic and not offensive I wonder is Posh horse S--- is different to Poor horse sh--  

God Bless 

Stay Safe 

Sorry no pics today I am angry with myself not to get one of the stranded car 

BUGGERLUGS 

 




No comments: