Thursday 30 December 2021

Out with the Old in with the New

 Happy Christmas to all 

We are now in that awful intrim period between Christmas and New Year everyone is a bit lethargic eaten to much Drank to much and generally knackered 

We had a good one it started with a few boaters round to sing Christmas Carols (corvid safe everyone had their booster it was out doors. We sing along with Radio Lancashire they do it every year its on the radio in the evening for an hour the radio provides the commentary  and the music we provide mulled Wine and mince pies very pleasant evening. with all the boats decorated and the lights sparkling on the water very nice. We only has one minor set back our eldest grandson came for Christmas lunch But when his parents got him home he tested Poss so we all had to start the rigmerole of testing Noreen and I have now had three days of Neg so tomorrow we are having all the little grandchildren which will be wonderful occasion. 

These days I am not a fan of New Year Im no hum bug its just not the same anymore, at mid night we all sound our horns and drink a toast with our neighbours but that will be the limit of our excitement. We are hoping that the good  Lord will let 2022  be a easier on the NHS and this wonderful country we call home and not us us share any more of it 

I have a good year on paintings and crafts with the lock downs I have been able to get loads of work done I have done all the painting for a Boatmans cabin 17 in total I think though I still have to do exterior door panels that was a really big project.  I also managed to get some old Scots Pine Cones these had never opened and died on the tree as the tree died amazing items I made them into Hedgehogs for Christmas 

Looking back on 2021 it wasnt that bad we managed a cruise though a short one all our immediate family have survived Covid, Though we have said good -by  to quite a few of our dear friends However  in retrospect I have had years where I had lost more good friends and under more tragic circumstances, So Im sitting back and counting the positives of 2021. Those who WANT to take something positive out of 2021 can look at the way the majority of the population have become more Tolerant, Socially aware, understanding and fame and fortune will not protect you from the Reaper knocking on your door so is the pressure of getting it worth the trouble ?

Enough! now  I an going to start planning next year i know that as soon as I get a plan the whole thing will change but hey at least I will have one to alter Also I will have something to look forward to and if we do have to change the plan we will start to look forward to plan B or C or D what ever it is it will be new horizons for us all 

Be Good Be safe keep smiling take the blessing as they come with good grace and the tragedies as the fall with the same good grace  






Just a few of the boat mans cabin

I managed to make 120 of these sorry all gone 

Multi occupancy bird nester all room are separate 
No on suit  

It now looks very bright 


No comments: