Wednesday 29 October 2008

Nice Day






Hi People


It is the end of October, the swallows have gone the geese are flying in formation to warmer climates, as we are only two or three miles from Martin Mere we get an awful lot of bird live.

Herbie has gone missing; he must be keeping himself warm in some little hovel somewhere.
But things here on Buggerlugs are stirring Noreen has the week off "half term" and we have a visitor Maureen, Now Maurine is very inquisitive and was desperate to see what it was like to travel on the boat, so at 09.30 this morning we slipped our mooring and set sail, within minutes we were in a hail storm, as that passed we were entertained by the winter sun flickering light through the trees and expressing its golden light along the waterway, highlighting the overhanging trees spreading a canape of gold along its banks, the reeds and rushes now faded and sad but still standing tall against the winter wind. Then it happened force ten wind, icy rain in my face, hands too cold to even hold the tiller, the strength of the wind making the boat uncontrollable and I wrapped up like a bloody Eskimo, I battled on against the weather, ignoring the pain the discomfort just to give my guests a day out. However the weather did improve and the trip was genuinely nice.
Maurine came to the boat traveling light, I am not sure what she thought she was coming too but in the pics Maurine is wearing My jeans, Jacket, jumper, and Hat, you can guarantee that when Mo is around you have a laugh
This time of year the canal is very quiet and except for the some children on a nature walk who decided I was a pirate and wanted to know why my beard had gone white, the teachers thought the question was worth answering, I told them I was frightened by a mouse and the shock sent it white. we saw nobody else it was so quiet and peaceful.
Must mention a "reet good do" last Sunday night we were invited to John Bambers 60th our thanks go to Dian and John for the do a great night was had catching up with old friends and helping to celebrate a goods friends 60th again great party, great food, great company.

I am off to hospital next week for my new knee they are operating on Nov 5th so you can make up your own mind about that.


Remember folks keep smiling

No comments: